Unofficial Oral Proposal Guide
Down and dirty tips and techniques for speedier source selections with a stronger meeting of the minds
- Learn the step-by-step process and how to customize it to your procurement
- Know when to use oral proposals and how to avoid protests
- Copy real-life examples of evaluation criteria, instructions, and guidance to vendors
- Discover how to apply an “equity lens” to oral presentations and pitch days
Straightforward answers to your questions, even ones you didn’t know you had
- How do I keep a boisterous evaluator quiet during a presentation?
- Who should be in charge of the evaluation?
- What if the vendor is wearing a medical device?
- How should the evaluation team prepare for the presentation?
- What red flags might a vendor’s dislike of oral presentations raise?
- How simple can the evaluation worksheet be and still be effective?
- How do we choose a location for the presentations?
- Why should we get a cost proposal in writing if it’s not required?
- What does a solicitation including oral presentations actually look like?
- What are surefire ways to turn a supposedly faster oral proposal process into a significantly longer lead time?
- What do we do if a fire alarm goes off half-way through a presentation?
- and dozens more questions answered by 25 years of successful personal experience with the oral proposal process!
© 2020 The MITRE Corporation, updated 2021. All Rights Reserved. The content provided in "The Unofficial Proposal Guide" does not reflect MITRE's opinions.